Thursday 28 June 2012

Feeling like a failure...

One of our twins has a cavity and it was my dental nurse sister that discovered it so of course I'm the worst in the world and she's letting me know exactly what she thinks.

I've done my best, I've limited sweet stuff and sugary treats, our daughters eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, they drink lots of milk, lots of water, they don't drink fizzy stuff and if they drink any diluted juice it's so watered down it's coloured water.

They brush their teeth as much as possible and it's something they enjoy doing, it's not a struggle to get them brushing but still everything I've done and am trying to do isn't good enough.

I'm a failure, my best isn't good enough and I'm not sure what to do.

I know that if I'm such a bad mother feeding them loads of sweets etc that both our daughters would have a cavity but it's only one of them so I must be doing something right somewhere but that's not good enough for my sister.

I'm feeling very miserable right now and a little depressed but I hope it won't last too long. I'll just have to get over this and do better than my best to make sure the rest of her teeth stay ok.

1 comment:

  1. I know it was a while ago that you published this post, but just so you know I felt the same when BB had to have his teeth removed because of cavities. I was sure that it was all my fault, but like you know it isn't it's just some children get them no matter what we as parents do!

    ReplyDelete