Sunday 3 June 2012

1st night in their big girl beds....

From this...


To this...


Only joking, to this really...


It's absolutely terrifying and nerve-wracking and completely unfair that our babies are now old enough for their cot beds to be turned into beds.

Tonight is their 1st night in their big girl beds and even though they're asleep right now (it took 1.5hrs and me having to get into bed with them because Miss A just wanted cuddled and I wouldn't hold her and this was a compromise though I actually think she won more than me compromising to be honest), I'm sure they won't spend the whole night in bed now they can get in and out as they please.

With me getting into their bed tonight I know I've started something that I really didn't want to and I'm sure there are some of you out there shouting at me for doing it, I completely deserve it I know, but we'll see how it goes for a wee bit and as long as they don't expect their Daddy to get into the beds with them it should be ok for a while.

I'll just have to get them used to going to sleep by themselves, I don't mind it taking some time, with everything with our twins it'll all happen when they're ready for it and not when we'd like it to happen.

Just to prepare myself though, how did or do you deal with the transition from cot to bed? Do you have any tips or tricks that might be of some use when dealing with our twins' bedtime?

Thank you, xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment